Since the launch of our Farming Programme in 2009, we have worked with academic institutions and agricultural colleges, along with sector experts, to deliver practical research and best practice guidance which we have shared with our supplying farmers. This has included:
- Recommendations on environmental enrichment for pigs in indoor housed systems
- Perching and enrichment for broiler hens
- Behaviour and welfare systems for free-range laying hens
- Reviews of free-farrowing systems for pigs
- Housing the dairy cow (with AHDB Dairy)
Our current R&D focus is addressing practical advice that can be developed for environmental enrichment in pork, egg and chicken producers, assessing what provides benefit for the animal, is easy to use and effective on farm.